Monday, July 31, 2006

O my word, I'm going to FINISH this stuff!

Hi all. Okay. I've been in a full speed ahead mode for awhile...spinning, dyeing, spinning, dyeing. I have so many projects planned that I'm filling notebooks with designs. And that's GREAT! But...

I have these niggling brain itches every time I walk past my big baskets of wool. It's the UFOs sending out their rays...

So, here we go. Promises to keep. I'm good at that. I'm promising to finish all this stuff before busting out another set of needles. (Or before I buy another set because all the sizes that would work are already laying neatly inside stitches, somewhere, in some basket.)

When I look at some of y'all's lists, I feel almost relieved. But, then, I opened up some of the UFOs and realized...HOLY HOOTIS! I HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO!

1. Current project, and easiest to finish. The completion of which will therefore give me the confidence to continue on. Da da da daaaaaaaaa! From the Baudelaire KAL - a pair of Baudelaires. I'm almost done with sock #1.

2. OTN since May...a big sweater, my design, my handspun...the idea was to use up some ancient roving that I bought from an old boss's wife back in the Santa Barbara area in 1982. I'm spinning as I go...which leads to some interesting thick and thin areas. I'm also blending brown shetland with creamy california. I want this done NOW.

3. OTN since 1994, a big boxy sweater, my design, multi colored, my handspun that I "naturally" dyed. It's so soft and yummy, I can't believe that I haven't finished it yet. Oh, yeah. I've only completed about 5" of the back. Yeah. Ahem. That's why. This project and #5 were put down, actually put into storage, when my mom died and I moved from California back East. Never picked 'em back up.

4. 2005 Round Squares Blanket. I had this vision of a fabric made of Wild Red Round Squares. These are crocheted. But, there will be plenty of knitting involved in the borders/edges. Reason for not completing: Got a puppy last October who really really loved the crazy dangly novelty yarns that are used to "decorate" the Wild Red Round Squares. He's big now. He leaves my wool alone. Oh...he does love to sniff that big box of raw/dirty fleece, he's a blue heeler after all. I'm teaching him to knit. All in due time.

5. OTN since 1994, another big boxy sweater, my design, manymanymany colors and textures. It's mostly my handdyed/handspun. Some commercially prepared fiber. I made a coat for my Ma using this motif as part of the design. Then, someone showed me a Kaffe Fasset book, and lo! He stole my eggs! Could it be that great minds think alike? HA! Anyway, I have about 12" done on the back. This is a DAUNTING project.

So, that's it for moi. I feel like an alcoholic just coming clean in an AA meeting. I'm admitting it. I need help finishing these UFOs. I, Elle, am a UFO breeder. With your support, I will change! I WILL! I WILL!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanie said...

Ooooh, those baudelaire socks look FUN!

Must. Resist.

No. New. Projects.


Let's ALL say it together, shall we???

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home