Saturday, July 29, 2006

Exactly What I Need!

I am grateful that knitting doesn't get dusty! I need more than one month to finish my UFOs, but this is a great start. For example, after finding out about this group, I cast on for something new--a log cabin afghan.

Here's my list:
1. Bombshell from Big Girl Knits: I am so close to being done, but am frustrated with this project right now. It's not complicated, but I have frogged so many times.

2. A teddy bear for my mother: she bought the yarn for me about 15 months ago! I haven't cast on yet, but I promised her I would finally make it this month.

3. Shapely Tee from White Lies Designs: I think I'm almost finished with this, but it's been sitting in the basket for at least a year. I'm not sure why I stalled on this one.

4. Samus from last winter's Knitty. I need to do the sleeves and finishing.

5. Jaywalker socks: one cuff done.

6. Log cabin blanket I started tonight after being inspired by Gee's Bend Quilts: something I've wanted to do for awhile as part of my Summer of De-Stashing

7. Mittens for kids: 1 done; its mate is on the needles

2 Comments:

Blogger ChelleC said...

You started a Log Cabin last night? Arggh! I have been wanting to do one of those too. And I have already bought the yarn. It's one of my projects waiting in the wings. But I am NOT starting anything new until these projects in the works are done.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's how bad my problem is! I'd wanted to make one for a long time and just had to do it. I needed a time out from everything else--yes, a silly excuse when I have so many projects to choose from.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home