Sunday, July 30, 2006

Clearing the Slate

I had great plans for what I'd accomplish during Summer of Stash - tank tops, a couple blankets, socks and dishcloths galore - but as usual, my procrastinating got in the way. I already had so many things lingering on the needles it seemed foolhearty to start more. I've left it too long to do much about that, so my new goal is to clear out the UFO closet so, come Labor Day, I can dive into the Christmas knitting with full abandon!

  1. Stash Buster Log Cabin Lapghan - 80% done. One last round and then the border, but the big chore will be weaving in ends - something I'm ashamed to say I haven't even started yet.
  2. Absorba, the Great Bathmat (from Mason-Dixon Knitting) - 70% done. I have to pace myself so that the weight of it (4 strands of worsted on size 15 needles) doesn't do my wrists in, but it's still moving along quickly.
  3. Twisted Socks - 55% done. I'm one of the slowest knitters ever with ribbing. These have been on the needles since January!
  4. Neopolitan Socks - 40% done. I hate to do it but to the frog pond must this go. Some yarns are not meant for socks.
  5. Irish Hiking Wristwarmers - 95% done. These were prematurely pronounced done! back in March, but second one has still not been seamed.
  6. SS Quick Shrug - 30% done. Another frog-ee. Will become a baby blanket.
  7. Patons Voodoo Legwarmers - 40% done. Silly furry things for stomping around the house in. One done but not seamed.
  8. Wool-Ease Legwarmers - 40% done. My messy first attempt at writing a pattern. Will probably be frogged and started again.
  9. Turtleneck Shrug (from Scarf Style) - 5% done. More endless ribbing. I'm not happy with the Inox circular this is on now. Waiting to find a better needle for magic loop. I have hopes for Knit Picks' Options needles, but I can't order them just yet.


There's also a few crafty but not knitty projects I'd like to see over and done with such as a simple crochet scarf, a felted bag than needs lining, and an ex-Goodwill sweater that needs some TLC, but the knitting stuff will take first priority.

-Manda

1 Comments:

Blogger ChelleC said...

I intend to knit the Absorba eventually myself. It's on my "want to do" list but that queue is so full I don't know when I'll get to it. Future projects -nah, not yet.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home