Monday, July 31, 2006

Going where no UFO has gone before...

OKay, not really. :)

My name is Manda, and I'm going to finish some stuff this month. I PROMISE. Below is my list. I'm not sure how I need to prioritize these, but I'm a member of the Monthly Dishcloth KAL, and I know I'll be finishing 2 dishcloths during the month, since they do two a month. You can also find me on my knitting blog at http://knitpsychos.hello-lovely.org.

1) Jaywalkers socks - I love this pattern. But I only love it for the first sock. Even if I cast on for the second sock, I don’t love it. Even if I’m knitting it in STR in a gorgeous colorway, I hate the 2nd sock. This is my main project. I’m actually about an inch away from starting the heel flap, so hopefully… hopefully.

2) To Bobble or Not To Bobble - I’m so tired of working on this. So tired of it, that I haven’t worked on it. I’m going to rip it out. Maybe I’ll use the yarn for face cloths.

3) Ombre Afghan from Last Minute Knitted Gifts - August marks the 1 year anniversary of when I started that damn thing. I know it’s too hot to work on it, but with August being Neutrals month for Project Spectrum, I really hope to make a huge dent, if not finish the rest of this thing. This project is a gift for my fiancee (I was worried about the Sweater curse, since I started it before we were engaged. I've missed Christmas and his birthday, and I'm hoping to have it for him this Christmas. *lol*

4) Co-Worker Baby Afghan - It’s a Log cabin design courtesy of MDK. I really need to get re-started on this thing. I think I’m using too big needles, and I want to restart it. I have a deadline of the end of October (assuming she delivers on time), but I'd love to finish it before that.

5) Ribby Cardi - Loving this pattern. I really want to finish it so I have something spiffy to wear. I'm about 6 inches into the back piece.

6) Tempting II - Loving this pattern as well, and I also want to finish it so I can wear it already. I think I'm 7 inches into it.

7) Lady Eleanor - I love working on this when I have time, but I’ve been distracted by other things. This is what happen when you have startitis. I've completed 9 or 10 tiers so far.

8) Mystery Stole 2006 - I don’t know that I’ll finish this in August, but I really want to work on it more than I have lately. I'm halfway through the first run of Clue #2

9) Plain Socks on 2 Circs - I don’t care if I finish these. I might actually end up ripping them out as well. I’m just feeling the yarn at this point in time. It doesn’t want to be turned into anything right now.

Misc #1 & #2) As part of the Monthly Dishcloth KAL, we knit two dishcloths a month at pace of a few rows a day. I like knitting these, because I can knit the few rows that are given out and I can put it away and work on it the next day. These haven't been started yet (one on August 1st, and one on the 15th or 16th).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home