Thursday, August 17, 2006

UFO August Dropout

I really wanted to get things done. I really wanted to finish those nagging projects that have been hanging around for months (years, in a couple of cases). But I couldn't find the yarn that I need to finish item #2 on my list. It only needs about 30 minutes of finishing work, but I can't find the yarn. If it were just seams, I'd find another yarn and deal, but it's embellishments, and it has to match the other one. And then I got sock yarn in. And joined a granny square swap. And finally put together my carders, and realized that making rolags and spinning from them is the easiest thing ever. So it's not like I have nothing finished. I just recently started most of the things that I've finished.

Updated list:

1. Mohair Sweater -Technically done, but I need to frog and re-do some of it when I get it back on Monday.
2. "It's a Secret #2" - Needs the missing yarn to be complete.
3. "It's a Secret #3" - I have the first half about done (I need to do about 5 minutes of seaming, why is that final touch always the hardest to do?) and the second half not yet begun.
4. Mug Rug/Potholder - I actually made a Mug Rug and a Potholder from my handspun. There was more than I thought. Needs to be blocked, and then this will be the first actually complete knitted project for UFO August! I'm just waiting to finish a couple of other things as I like to do a lot of washing at once.
5. Autumn Gloves - Not yet frogged, haven't found a good pattern yet. I may make Knucks, actually, as that seems like a good pattern!
6. Autumn Scarf - Still not touched, as the gloves need to be finished first. Oh well!

I don't believe that the people who will be recieving the It's a Secret gifts read this, so I'll post a picture for you:

photo sharing

Yup, Pocket Creatures. I'm making a set of two of each. The red one is #1, and it's 100% done. The purple one is #2, and I can't find the orange yarn for the hair to finish the second one. The blue one is #3, and it needs seaming on it's bottom. I need to cast on for it's mate too.

Check out my full(er) list of UFOs, on deck items, and everything I've been starting to put off working on this list at http://amlarts.blogspot.com/!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

They are so cute!

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home