Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My Chosen UFO - I Will NOT Weanie Out

Peer pressure - I won't cave.

I remember in high school, I got wind of a "kidnap breakfast" - and I was determined NOT to be kidnapped with totally bad hair and no zit coverage. I don't remember how I found out, but I knew they were coming to "surprise me" the next morning, along with a bunch of other suckers, and take us to breakfast.... so I put on my best PJ's and set my alarm for a half hour ahead, so I could still be "asleep and surprised" when they barged into my bedroom, but with not-so-wild hair and not so many zits.

Well, my parents found out that I was clued in, and .... well, let's just say, I will never get the picture out of my head - of my Dad crawling into my bedroom in the middle of the night, in his chonies, to unplug my alarm clock. Ew.

Didn't work - I plugged it back in the moment he crawled out. I'm nothing if not determined... when it's important. And the peer pressure was too much - I could handle being dragged out of bed and to breakfast in my PJ's - but could not handle it with major bad hair and uncovered zits.

So, the peer pressure of boring you readers to death with my blog, while I'm STILL working on my "First Class Shawl" (aka, Wrap Yourself in Nature, Fiona Ellis) - well, it's not going to work. Sorry. I'm not gonna weanie out. This shawl deserves to be all it can be... the full 50-60" I envision... And, since it's only about 36" right now, be prepared to look at it a while longer.

Sorry - I'm not gonna cave.

I'll try to photograph it in different locales - how 'bout that? Views of the cables from the left one day... .the right another day. Maybe upside down if that'll keep you reading.

And don't even think about trying to sneak into the house on your hands and knees in your chonies to steal it some night.... I'm wise to that trick. And, I'm sleeping with my camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home