Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My List

Geez - the month is half over, and I'm only now posting my list!

  1. Lotus Blossom Tank: I started this for the LBT KAL. So far, I have completed 2 1/2 rounds of the lace. I am using KnitPicks Shine Sport in Apricot. The color is a little bright than I would like, but I love the feel and drape.
  2. Shetland Tea Shawl: This is my first real lace project, from A Gathering of Lace. I love the photos of this, and can’t wait to get it to the point where I can “see” the pattern. This is being done in KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud in a heathered pink. I have already learned a lot about lace knitting with this project, and it is not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be.
  3. Waterfall Rib Socks: I started this pair of socks quite some time ago, and got sidetracked (as usual). Now the second sock is larger than the first because my gauge changed. You know how they always say that stressful knitting will change your gauge? Well, they are right. Most of the first sock was knitted sitting in court waiting my turn to pry my security deposit out of my former landlord’s greedy tight fists! The stitch pattern is from Sensational Knitted Socks, with the Eye of the Partridge heel.
  4. Cascade Fixation Socks: I am working on the second pair. They knit up very quickly, but I just haven’t been working on these. They are ht pink varigated with hot pink heels and toes. I am about 3/4 of the way finished with the first one. I still have two other colorways for this KAL. This is a cool sock, because there isn’t really a pattern. I am just knitting along until it looks/feels/fits “right”. I bet the second one doesn’t match very well, LOL!
  5. Trekking Red White & Blue Socks: I started these socks for the Trek Along With Me KAL. Obviously, I have not been trekking, ergo, one sock is 1/2 finished. This KAL ends Labor Day, so I had better get crackin’! The pattern for this sock is also in the Sensational Knitted Socks book. I just love the chevron and the way it is showing off the colorway.

It doesn't look like much, but I also have lots of little projects going on at the same time - hats, booties, sweaters, burial items, bereavement items, etc for The Preemie Project and LucyBug. I don't count them as UFO's, since they are so quick to finish up. They take up the bulk of my knitting time, though, so I don't get as much work done on my UFOs as I would like.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I'd love to see your LBT in progress- I bought the yarn in the green they show it in Interweave Knits and haven't started it.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home