Thursday, August 17, 2006

One done, one sent to frog pond

I finished the socks:



And I learned a big lesson. Some projects are hopeless, even when you're *really* close to finishing them, and it's better to just retrieve the yarn. Despite the many years I've been knitting, this is the first time I've really faced this truth. I feel that I have grown. Also, I'm totally agonized over the hours of work I wasted on a lost cause. AARRGGHH!

Details on my blog.

Here's my updated list (4 done, 1 abandoned permanently, 5 remaining)

1. Brown Fair Isle raglan sweater

2. Felted pillow cases

2. Black ballet sweater. --SENT TO FROG POND.

3. Pink microfiber Rosebud pullover.

4. Lace panels for pillowcases, from Weekend Knitting.

5. Scarf for Hubbster out of Merino/Yak blend.

6. Socks.

7. Knitted panels for skirt

8. Mason-Dixon Log Cabin sampler afghan.

9. EZ Mystery Mitten.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanie said...

Cute cute cute socks! Good job on both the FO and the frogging decision. I'm starting to realize that some of my UFO's may need to be frogged since I just cringe at the thought of picking them back up. What's up with that???

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home