Thursday, August 31, 2006

UFO August Summary and Final List

Summary: 9 finished objects, including the Margery sweater that I frogged. I am very happy with my accomplishments this month and am very glad I participated in UFO August. Thank you Jeanie for the wonderful idea and for letting me participate. I had a great time, believe it or not, and actually learned that I don't hate picking up stitches and seaming as much as I thought I did. I also learned that the best time to do this work is right after finishing the knitting, so this stuff doesn't pile up. It is time consuming, although not really hard. Another thing I want to do is knit more things in the round and/or one piece to avoid this entirely and save time.

Here's my detailed list. Per Jeanie's suggestion, I am going to post my cast on wish list separately and have joined her Two Steps Forward, One Back blog to try to avoid some of this backlog in the future!


1. Finish side seams on Linen Print raglan pullover

2. Fetching fingerless gloves - pick up thumbs off waste yarn and finish

3. Pick up around armholes & sew Louisa Harding tank

4. CeCe in Calmer (coral shade) - last sleeve and back: almost done with sleeve, still need to do back: did find a perfect button at Stitches Midwest for this though

5. Plymouth Napa ballet pullover from Interweave Knits back issue - finish sleeves: still working on this, but I don't really think I like this yarn as it has a funny acrylic-y smell- it will probably visit the frog pond and not return. The yarn was only $20 on Ebay so not a huge loss. Teva Durham messed up with this yarn selection (it's one of her patterns) but I do like the design - kind of like her ballet T except with sleeves.

6. Noah's v-neck Yarn Girls "Mikey Liked It" pullover - finish sleeves and sew

7. Frank's Rowan Plaid vest - pick up neck and do shoulder and side seams

8. Vicki's Jaeger Natural Fleece vest from JB38- pick up neck and do shoulder seams

9. Mia's Yarn Girls Victoria dress - do edging and sew together

10. sew fuschia Cork baby sweater: I thought I had done all five pieces of this cardigan, but it turns out I didn't do the back before; so I did do this on Tuesday night of this week, but have not sewn it

11. sew strap onto Malabrigo felted purse

12. yellow/orange cork garter ridge sweater from Rowan Cork Collection – reknit back neck, seam: I'm still not happy with the way the shoulders fit together on this after multiple reknittings of the front and back - the garter ridge pattern doesn't line up the way it should and I probably should check for pattern errata as I've tried every which way to get this to work. Another candidate for the frog pond.

13. Greek Pullover from Interweave Knits – seam: no progress

14. Noro V-neck – finish last sleeve and seam together

15. Jaeger Natural Fleece V-neck with "fur" trimmed sleeves from JB 38 – pick up neck, seam: no progress

16. Green Gable in Brown Sheep Lilac Haze - almost at just past armholes (top down): however, this yarn split/twisted in one spot, so I laddered down first one stitch (still didn't fix it) then another and finally two more, but it seems this yarn is difficult to fix with the crochet hook method. Bringing it in to my LYS to get ideas - if no hope, I can either rip it back to the bad stitches or frog it entirely. I like working with Brown Sheep cotton fleece, but the splitting is really annoying (and I used addi turbos!)

17. "seashell" Rowan Plaid cabled scarf

18. Bob's Big Wool basketweave cardigan from Men in Knits - almost done with back armholes, need to do started left front; need to do right front, sleeves

19. Debbie Bliss lace/bobble jacket - finish back: no progress, have to rip back a few rows to get the pattern consistent across the back

20. Silky Wool Margery sweater (working on back) Frogged - didn't like this yarn in reverse stockinette stitch in a light color.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home