Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My One and Only August UFO

My goal was to finish this wrap for UFO August - hey.... it's only one UFO - but it's a winner. I am absolutely in love with it.

Pattern: Wrap Yourself in Nature, from Inspired Cables, Fiona Ellis

Yarn: 3-ply Prime Alpaca, Musk, approximately 1600 yards

Size 6 needles60" x 17"

Modifications to pattern: This is meant to be knit in two pieces and seamed together in a "V." I knit it straight, in one piece, to the same length as my favorite pashmina.

This Prime Alpaca is the SOFTEST yarn... and very warm. I enjoyed every minute of knitting this yarn and pattern. The cables were fun, and I LOVE the triangled edging.

Now that I've finished it.... I'm kind of cheating, I've frogged a previous UFO (Spring Fling), but used the same yarn to cast on for Prosperous Plum. So, maybe if I'm using UFO yarn, it's not really cheating?

Works for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

OMG! That is SO fabu. I wish I had it wrapped around me right now. You did a beautiful job!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Yummy! How lovely!

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home