Wednesday, August 30, 2006

End of Month Summary

Well, I'm just reflecting on my UFO August progress and I'm overall quite pleased.
Finished: Alpaca Thrummed Mittens, Matilda Jane cardigan, Cabled bedsocks, the felted neckpiece.
I made good progress on Pomatomous socks, but decided not to rush to finish them because I still love the pattern and don't feel pressured to finish them. If I did I'd only start a new pair of socks anyway.
I've decided to frog the barely begun Twisted Float jacket because I don't enjoy the stitch pattern. It's beautiful and heck, I'm as yet undecided whether to stash or destash the Malabrigo. I will also frog the Knitpicks Sock Garden Jaywalkers because the one half a sock is too small and I can't get it over my ankle. I have some striping sock yarn that I may do this pattern in later. The Silk Corset I decided not to work on because it is so body-conscious and I'm losing weight. It can wait. This leaves the Janet Shawl Shrug and I'm not feeling the passion for her. She's really more of a spring/summer item and I'll probably just leave her for next year.

This means, of course, to cast on! DH's fair isle vest in Merino Style, a nice, normal DK weight. And. The. Insane. Dale. Sweater. Knit. On. Size. Two. Needles!

Glutton for punishment! And it starts with 485 sts!!! But, on the fourth row decreases down to more like 350, which is way more manageable.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home