Saturday, September 02, 2006

Bring on the Christmas Knitting!

Twisted Socks UFO August was a success for me - all but one project got off the needles one way or another. :-)

6 FOs: Stashbusting Log Cabin Lapghan, Absorba, the Great Bathmat, Twisted Socks (see photo), Patons Voodoo Legwarmers, Irish Hiking Wristwarmers, Panta

I feel I must confess than the wristwarmers only needed a little bit of seaming and Panta only lacked having the two yarn ends weaved in. I'd even worn Panta in public before with the ends hanging! I have a really bad habit of avoiding doing the finishing touches, something this KAL has helped me to recognize and, hopefully, make some improvement on in the future.

3 Projects Frogged: Turtleneck Shrug, Wool-Ease Legwarmers, Simply Soft Quick Shrug
1 WIP Remaining: Neapolitan socks

These socks were sacrificed so that the Twisted Socks could be finished in time. I hope to have them done next week.

Now that the slate is (nearly) clear, I can start the Christmas knitting with a clear conscious. I can't order the Esprit yarn I need for gift socks until Labor Day (end of Summer of Stash), so I'm spending the holiday weekend knitting up small stashbusting items such as Christmas ornaments.

-Manda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home