Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Two in One

I've finished both patchwork felted pillows (UFO #2), though not the handbags that I cut out to make with the remaining useful parts of the sweaters. Those weren't really the point, and I have no planned use for them, and so they can sit around until I feel like doing a bit of sewing up here and there, as each one only needs about a half hour's worth of sewing to be complete. But the pillows, which Hubbster and I have needed for a long time, are all done, complete with lacing for closure. Here's the front and back of each pillow, one empty and one with the pillow inside to show you how pretty the finished object is.

Go look at it here.

I also finished, last night, the Yak/Merino scarf my husband's been wanting (god knows why, in this heat). It was boring beyond words, but it's done. #5 on the list. It still needs to be blocked, but I'm about to do that as soon as I finish this post. Here's a picture:



Details, as usual, on my blog.

Posting here gives me such a lovely feeling of accomplishment...I also got back to work on the socks last night (#6), after finishing the scarf, but it's slow going and even more boring, if that's possible. This may motivate me to switch to the unfinished sweaters, which I'm dreading because I expect them to cause me some (more) trouble before they're done....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home