Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Nearing the Finish Line!

Well, we have just one week left of UFO August and I have to say that I'm EXTREMELY proud of each and every one of you (us) who joined whether you finished any UFO's or not. Even for those of you who joined but then got too busy to post your UFO list, I'm proud of y'all too because you had GOOD INTENTIONS! And in my book, good intentions count!

So. I have a couple of things I want to mention as things are winding down.

  • First, don't forget that there will be a drawing at the end of August for all who joined UFO August.
  • Second, I think we should do UFO August again next year -- what do y'all think?
  • Third, until next year y'all can join my Two Steps Forward One Step Back Knit Along where the goal is to finish two projects (UFO's) for every one project started. I started this little "rule of thumb" quite a while ago and it really does help (when I feel motivated to get a few UFO's cranked out).
  • And finally, on the last day of UFO August, I propose we all compile and post lists of all the projects we WANT to make this fall and winter. I already have my "WIM" (works in mind) list prepared but will wait 'till the last day of August to post it.

Keep up the good work on your UFO's -- you still have a whole week left!

Edited to Add: For those of you interested in joining Two Steps Forward One Step Back, please leave your email address in the comment that you leave here, as Blogger does not let me see your email address unless you include it in your post. Thanks!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

I like your "rule of thumb" I could never give up starting new projects so this is a great idea. I'm ready to join.

2:53 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Great idea on finish 2, start 1 - I love it. This could be just the approach I need! Sign me up!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Kate A. said...

All the ideas sound great! I'm in for every one...

9:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I need to join it--UFO August hasn't gone well for me. Please count me in!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Elysbeth said...

Count me in! New years is next month and I'm finetuning a "resolution".

11:07 AM  
Blogger Darci said...

sign me up dear...must stay focused. darcimcgrath AT yahoo DOT com

9:44 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I would join this again next August without a doubt. It's been so satisfying!

I'm happily creating my WIM list!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Thanks so much for organizing this month. We DEFINITELY need to do it annually!

And what a great idea to end with a WIM list!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home